Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Rain

It rained today again. Maria and I were at a restaurant eating our La Merienda (between lunch and dinner) we had just finished some delicious pizza when it started to pour and a river of water came into the outdoor seating area. It was actually quite hilarious to see everyone caught off guard. Everyone was running for cover and everyone that was eating lifted their feet up as water rushed underneath us. I like this weather, it cools everything off.
Two more days of school and then its el fin de semana. I hope the weather changes this weekend though. Either way I'll just be glad to get out of Granada for a bit and see the ocean and soak up some sun. Classes are going well, both profesoras have there strengths and weakness. The first one goes out for smokes a lot but she is helping me learn the grammar. In the last week I've covered an entire semester at St. Thomas (money saver!) My second teacher has us speak a lot which I'm still not that good at. I speak in simple sentences because it takes to long to go through the process of speaking in subjunctive or conditional. So far we have only been talking in the past tense (there are 4 main ones). So ask me anything about the past and I'll be able to go on forever. My plans for extra curricular is Photography, futbol (soccer) and intercambio (speaking with a native) I'll have four classes starting up in October so I think I'll have plenty on my plate. I'm also reading Las Cuentas de Alhambra written by Washington Irving. I figure i'll read it in English and then get the Spanish version later. So looks like I've got the Granada culture, travel, language, and weather to fill up my schedule.
Adios, I'm posting pics tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment