Wednesday, September 23, 2009

El Mar

Well last Saturday we left for Roquetas del mar, it was about a two hour bus ride south of Granada. I slept most of the way but early on I just stared out of the window at the mountains and valleys. I envy the Spaniards, they have such a beautiful country. After the two hour drive we unpacked in our rooms. There were two other guys in my room. Adam, my roommate at Jardines and John another kid from the Aifs group (he's from San Diego). The rooms were actually really nice, stove, microwave, sink, TV. The only thing that wasn't so nice was the broken shower. You had to hold the stopper so that the water switched from the bath head to the shower head. Other than that it wasn't bad at all. Everyone was itching to get out to the beach so we hurried over to the nearest beach entrance. The Aifs group was all situated together and we kinda just sat out there and enjoyed the sun and the ocean. I hadn't been in salt water in a very long time and it was nice to get back to the ocean. That night we had an amazing dinner and every stuffed themselves . We spent some more time on the beach later on at night, Jupiter was out and it was really bright.

The next day it was back to the beach. We walked over to a nearby pizzeria and had some AMAZING Hawaiian pizza.

Well to sum it up we ate good had a good time on the beach and even though I stayed another day it wasn't to hard to make it back. I'm starting to feel more like a traveller and less like a tourist. The total trip home took 6 hours but I suppose if we planned it out better next time then we'd have cut it down to 3 hours.

Its back to school, only 5 more days of this class and everything seems to be going okay. In class today I spoke for 5 min in a fairly fluent manner.

A lot of exciting stuff to come in the next week. Me voy

hasta luego

No comments:

Post a Comment